Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Re-Inventing, Inspired by the Betties

It's time to bring back this blog...

I am a little loathe to do this. First of all, it's not anonymous... but then, what blog is ever really a secret or anonymous? I'm ok with that. Second, I wrote some wack-a-doo stuff on this blog back in the day. Ok, it was 5 years ago, and I was having a little identity crisis, but still. Yeesh. (I hid all those posts, so you sadists that already got your scroll on and went, "Hey, what gives?!" neener neener to you.)

I decided, though, that something must be done. I am fairly exploding with thoughts, musings, etc. And I don't really want those thoughts exploding all over my other blog-- the one I use for promotional purposes for my books, etc. Everyone reads that blog. Like, everyone. My coworkers, my family, my (ha) fans. And while I'm theoretically ok with all of those people reading this blog too, at least I'm not going to be actively advertising it to them. No Facebook feed, no tweeting. This one's just for me and whoever gives enough of a shit to stop by now and then. And my feelings won't be hurt of that total number ends up being one: me.

So why even do a blog at all? The inspiring Betties are to blame, I am afraid. Lucy March (Lani Diane Rich) created a monster with this whole "honest blogging" phenomenon, and I want in.

So, prepare for some honesty. (And by honesty, I am meaning me being truthful, not me revealing secrets about everyone around me. That just ain't right.) I do mean this is me, ugly warts included. If you don't wanna see it, I recommend you unsubscribe from the feed and forget this blog exists. Seriously. You might see some stuff you don't like. You might learn some stuff you wish you didn't know. Fair warning.

Onward.

2 comments:

Melinda Skye said...

I love you, warts and all :)

p.s. I knew keeping this blog in my RSS feed would one day pay off. :)

Sonja Foust said...

Aw, thanks. You're the bestest ever!