Someone I love told me I've become a "psycho feminist." The person didn't mean that in a nice way, either... but I still couldn't help feeling a little proud.
No one has ever once accused me of feminism before. It's not that I'm not a feminist. It's just that I've never been the rabid type about anything. But suddenly, I'm sticking up for myself, claiming my boundaries, owning my body... and I guess that makes me a psycho feminist. I think it makes me less of a doormat and more of a well-adjusted human being, but hey, psycho feminist works too, I guess.
Maybe I'll go burn some bras. Who's with me?
6 comments:
Hmm, sounds like someone is out of sorts that you can no longer be controlled or manipulated or whatever the said person did to feel better by making others feel less than.
Queen of the Psycho Feminists here to tell you good job. Keep it up.
Burn the bras that pinch, the other ones are OK. :)
Oh yes, well done. Very psycho of you. Bona Fide, I had on a pinchy one yesterday, into the flames it goes!
Julie
Yeah, maybe that's part of it. I think part of it, too, is inertia. I've acted a certain way for SO LONG and now I'm not, and it's taking people around me a while to get a handle on that.
Baha-- yes, I am one with my psychoses. ;)
Thanks, BFB!
Post a Comment